Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, June 6, 2008

Lots of New

It has been awhile, way to long actually, since I have updated my blog on here. I have to say lots has gone on so I will start from the beginning.. well kind of. I lost my job in March! It was horrible and I couldn't find a job anywhere (even home depot) for two months. Finally thanks to a friend of mine I found a great job as a home based counselor with National Counseling Group in Manassas VA. I know it is a little far, which sucks with the horrible gas prices, but it is a great opportunity for me. I am actually doing the social work thing! It was really scary at first, having to jump right in and accept a position that I had no idea if I could do or not. But I am starting to really enjoy it. I get to make my own schedule and shift things around as needed. I only have 3 clients currently and I will have more next week. Monday and tuesday I spend in Richmond for some extra training that they have at the training academy down there and than I am on my own.
I am also super excited because with the flexibility of my job I will still get to go to the beach! YAY! Which somewhat leads to my next news which is.... that I have moved in with my cousin Pamela in Alexandria and out of aunt syds. This is another wonderful thing because now my relationship with aunt syd is so much better. I hated it when we fought, I constantly felt like a disappointment and failure and she is so proud of me now. So that really is the majority of my news. I am having a good time in my new place although I am having to get use to my cousins quirks. She is in her late 20's but is very .. conservative i guess. She's the type who would rather have a tea party than go to a movie. She told me the other day that she didn't like the couch because it was too squishy.. she likes firm couches and she doesn't think they are to lounge upon.. Yah, no clue their, but i still love her to death and i officially paid my first months rent this week so I am really on my own, wooohooo! Thats all for now. Heres a picture of the view from the apartment..

No comments: