Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Fathers Day

Fathers day has always been some what of a distant holiday in my eyes. Sadly I rarely remember when it comes around. Today I sat and thought for a long time about my father. I am so grateful that I am in McLean with my aunt sydney and near family that can tell me who my father was because I never really got that chance. What I do know is that he is my hero and who I look up to everyday of my life. He is an amazing man and I still feel sad when I think that he is not here with me today. What I do know though is that so many people have helped me feel this void in my father. I called my uncle today to tell him how much he means to me. He does not have any kids of his own but he has been the father that my brother and I needed. I am so glad that he is in my life. It is good for us to remember our Fathers where ever they may be and I wish a Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there.

1 comment:

The Beyer Family said...

Your father was my hero too - my favorite uncle and I wanted to be just like him. I was his first "red" and then he was blessed with a "Red" of his own. He sees you Sammy, from way up high, and loves you still.